Daily Lip Saviours




I get seriously chapped lips whenever the weather gets colder and that's why I’m constantly trying new lip balms, lip butters and other lip treatments.

Lately though, I’ve come to the realisation that no matter how many lip treatments I try, nothing ever comes close to the little trio that I’ve come up with.

The first step is to get rid of the flaky skin. For that I use the Lush Lip Scrubs. If you get chapped lips they’re a great way to prep your lips before applying your lip treatment (or favourite lipstick.) Popcorn and Bubble Gum are my favourite scents but they have a few others.
A sugar lip scrub can also easily be made using sugar (duh) and the oil of your choice (like coconut oil for instance).

My favourite lip balm is Nuxe Rêve de Miel. There’s just something magical about that little pot that instantly repairs my lips and makes them feel a lot smoother.
It also smells heavenly. Like that lemony christmas cookie dough my mum used to bake.
The only inconvenient with this products is the not really hygienic, must-put-your-fingers-into-it packaging and that’s why I keep it at home.

I’ve tried the stick version of the Nuxe Rêve de Miel but it doesn’t work half as well as this little miracle in a pot.

I found one lip balm that can compete with the Nuxe Rêve de Miel and that is more travel friendly. It’s called Peru-Stick (picture here) and I have no idea how widely available it is. I know that you can get it in most pharmacies in Switzerland but you have to order it. But trust me it is worth it ! It has a slight thermoactive feel to it (sort of warms your lips) and seriously helps hydrating them until you can get back to your Rêve de Miel. (I couldn’t take a picture of mine as it’s way too grubby.)

So that’s it for my lip saviours.

What are yours ? What do you do when you’re desperate to get your lips feeling soft again ?

x

Macha

Labels: , , , , , , ,