Empties Worth Mentionning


Back in June I decided that I really needed to make some space in my drawers. I already posted about how I gave away the things that I wasn't using (read about it here) and the other part of the plan was to use the products that I already owned. I did that quite well as you can see … (especially if you look at the second picture)

I don't want to bore you to death by talking about all of them so I'm going to focus on the ones that were amazing or disappointing. This means that if I don't talk about a product it is average, not great but not bad either: It does what it's supposed to do. (if you want to know something about a product that I didn't mention then just ask below and I'll be happy to reply =) )

Soooo let's get started.
*The links will open in a new tab so don't worry about losing what you're reading

Batiste Dry Shampoo Original & Brunette
Batiste's reputation is made and I don't think that I need to say a lot more about them. I love the Brunette version because it means no white residue but for seriously greasy hair, the original is a bit more efficient.

Colab Dry Shampoo in Tokyo
Loved it ! Again not quite as good as the Batiste original at getting rid of greasiness (I'm talking about serious greasiness here) but completely invisible and really good for everyday use ! Smells divine too.

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk
Really good at getting rid of greasiness but a bit more pricey than Batiste and not the best regarding white residue (the packaging changed but it's still the same product inside).

The Body Shop Body Puree in Pink Grapefruit
This was quite disappointing. Read a more in-depth review here

The Body Shop Vanilla Spice Shimmer Lotion
This was part of one of the Body Shop's Christmas lines maybe 5 years ago (I know … I know I kept it for waaay too long) It was incredible ! Such a lovely spicy scent ! I loved it and this is why I couldn't bare the thought of finishing it. The Body Shop needs to bring it back !!!

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter & Body Scrub
I talked about the body butter here. It's one of my favourite scents.
I also loved the body scrub. It feels very rich and creamy (almost like whipped cream) but has very good gritty bits made of almond shells that will leave you skin feeling amazing !

Lush Cupcake & Cosmetic Catastrophe Face Mask
I love Cupcake. It smells great and makes my skin feel very clean and soft and I already have another one in the fridge.
I liked using Cosmetic Catastrophe as it feels really fresh and cooling on the skin but I didn't feel like it did a lot for my skin so I probably won't repurchase it.

Zoella Fizz Bar
To be honest I was quite disappointed by this as it didn't do anything. I don't know what it's supposed to do but apart from smelling nice it did nothing. It wasn't bad it just wasn't what I expected.
If you want to see my haul of Zoella products click here

Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm
I mentioned this in my hair saviours post and I still love it. I already have another pot of it. You can read my review here

Soap & Glory Fab Pore Hot Cloth Cleanser
This is a great hot cloth cleanser. It is similar to the Liz Earle one (I talked about it here) but the only downside it that this one really stings the eyes so you can't really use it to get rid off eye makeup. That's why I probably won't repurchase it. It's one of those creamy cleanser that you massage onto dry skin. It melts makeup and then you take it all off with a warm cloth.
The packaging and the name changed. It is now called the Ultimelt and has a white packaging but the product inside is the same.

Bourjois 1,2,3 Perfect Foundation
I finished two of these as you can see. I love this foundation. I don't think that it works on dry skin, at all, because it is quite a dry foundation (not drying though) but it's great for oily skin. It gives a natural to matt finish, has a good coverage and a really decent staying power. I will repurchase it.

Avon, Rimmel & Maybelline Mascaras
I did a complete review on these here. I wasn't that impressed by any of these so I'll probably stick to trying new ones instead of repurchasing them.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo
Again, I finished two of these. I love this to clear out my skin and I definitely will be repurchasing it. It helps to keep spots at bay and does not feel greasy or heavy on the skin.

La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Riche
I used that as my night time moisturiser and it was really good. It is intensely moisturising without feeling heavy even on oily skin.

YSL Fusion Ink Foundation (sample)
I loved it ! I'm battling with myself trying to decide whether I'm gonna buy it or not. It feels incredibly light on the skin but still has really good coverage and a very natural finish.


So that's it for my empties for now but I'm still working on my stash so expect another empties post in the next few months.

As I said, if you want to know anything about a product that I didn't mention just pop your question below and I'll be happy to reply =)

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,