For A Flawless Base


Not really a Valentine's day related post but there are already so many out there ;) However if you need a flawless base for your makeup tonight, this might help.

My skin has been terrible lately but I didn’t feel like caking it up with makeup in fear of making it worse so I’ve been using a rather light foundation and some good concealer.

The Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet is in my opinion a great alternative to the oh-so-famous Chanel Vitalumière Aqua but for oily skins (it really doesn’t work well on dry patches !)

It is extremely light (you can barely feel it) has a light to medium coverage that manages to unify everything while leaving your skin with a mat (but not flat) finish. I really really like it !


However as the coverage isn’t quite enough to cover up my pesky blemishes I need some concealer to cover them up as well as my dark circles.

I’ve been particularly loving the Soap&Glory Kick Ass Concealer as it includes a pinky shade for under eye circles, a usual fleshy tone for blemishes and a mini powder to set it all. I find that it has very good coverage and is really comfortable to wear as it’s quite creamy.

Another option is the Maybelline Age Rewind. Everybody’s been talking about it lately and for good reason. This stuff is amazing at covering dark circles (and blemishes too for that matter) while still feeling incredibly light.

So that’s all my skin has been seeing lately and I’m really happy with my little trio. My blemishes are concealed and I don’t feel like I’m wearing a ton of makeup. Hopefully my skin will calm down soon and I won’t need as much concealer as I do now.

What are your base favourites ? What are you currently using ?

x

Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,