The Best Liquid Lipsticks ? Yes, but ...

Romy
Hello everybody :)

Today I want to talk to you about some liquid lipsticks that I had completely forgotten but that I was reminded of by one of Cheryl's from Swissbeautytalk post. They're the L'Oréal Shine Caresse.



To be completely honest, I'm not sure that they still exist. I know that some counters don't stock them anymore but I'm pretty sure that some of you already own them and you may even be able to still find them at some counters.

I find these lipsticks to be fantastic because they're not drying, just a bit shiny, last a really long time and are not sticky at all.

Lolita
The shades Romy and Lolita are very easy to wear as they're not too bright. Though you should know that the shades tend to get a bit darker in the few minutes that follow application.

Romy
I find that Lolita is a really pretty nude, like a "my lips but better" shade but more sophisticated while Romy is a gorgeous raspberry pink.

I apply them in the morning, touch them up after lunch and I'm good for the whole day.

Juliet
But, because there is a but, it seems like the brighter shades are not as good. For instance, Juliet, doesn't apply evenly and tends to leak from the sides of the lips, as you can see on the picture.

I tried to apply it with a brush and on top of a lip liner but it doesn't make it any better.

The formula seems to be different than that of the other colours and maybe that's why it doesn't apply as well.  What's more is that Juliet tends to have a staining power which makes it close to impossible to remove completely even with makeup remover.

So all in all, these liquid lipsticks are probably the best I've tried but you should steer clear of the brighter shades.

Do you know them ? What are your thoughts ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,