Lush Aromaco - A New Era for Deodorants ?


Hello my Bunnies,

Guess what, Lush isn’t just about bath bombs ! I tend to forget that as I’m always overly excited by their bath ballistics but this year I’ve discovered quite a few gems from them outside of their bath range and today I want to talk to you about one of them.

After reading Roberta’s article on the Lush solid deodorant (Aromaco), I really wanted to give it a go.

As you may know, I’m always looking for a new deodorant as I don’t want mine to contain aluminium and the ones that don’t tend to be less effective.

So when I read her review, it only made sense to me to try her suggestion.

What I like about it is that it doesn’t come in a can. I’m not the biggest fan of inhaling deodorant (pretty sure my lungs don’t need any) and most aluminium free deodorants come in cans.

So I walked to the nearest lush shop to give it a sniff. And I dropped it quickly and ran away.


My first encounter with the smell was not very convincing indeed. I found it to be very strong and not to my taste at all.

However, I walked into another Lush Shop a couple of days later and decided to give it a go anyway.

I’ve been using it for about a week now and I’ve had all kinds of days in the meantime. I have to admit that it is terribly efficient.


Honestly, it’s really close to being perfect. Here’s why :

It’s easy to apply, it doesn’t sting or drag on the skin, even right after epilating.

It doesn’t take up a lot of space and doesn’t create a ton of waste like most deodorants do. It’s just a little square of something that looks and feels like soap and that’s it.

Its composition is much better than a lot of deodorants.

It lasts all day on me (and I'm a sweaty betty.) It won’t let me down if I have to run for the bus, get a little stressed out or a bit too warm.

But, there’s a but(t).

The scent is strong. Really strong. If you like it, it’s not a problem, if you don’t it can be.

Just to give an example of how strong it is :

I was at the restaurant with M and I told him that I could smell my deodorant and that it was weird while eating (I know I’m so glamorous) and he told me that he could smell it too. From across the table ! But that he quite liked the scent and therefore didn’t mind at all.

Now that was on my 3rd or 2nd day using it. Since then, I’ve either got used to it or it’s already lost some of its power.

Honestly I really don’t know which one it is, but I’m really happy because the efficiency has stayed the same and now I don’t feel like everything smells like my deodorant anymore.

All in all, I’m forever grateful for this discovery (thanks Roberta !) because I now have a new aluminium free deodorant that is extremely efficient. It may smell a bit strong but like I said, I either got used to it or the scent grew weaker but I don’t really mind anymore.

So if you’re into that kind of deodorant as well, I’d strongly recommend checking out that one. If you can get over the scent ;)

Have you tried it ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , ,