Tutorial | The Starry Night Edition


Hello my Bunnies,

Today, an article that doesn't talk about Lush, that's a tutorial and that doesn't include neutral shades. It's been a while !

I was inspired by a beautiful starry night to create this makeup look and I made two versions: one that can be worn easily and one that is more adapted for when you need to dress up.

Let's get to it !


I created this makeup look because I wanted to use the shade that I've called "4" in the Smashbox Full Exposure palette. It was a challenge because I find it very pretty but it's definitely not a shade I would usually wear.

So here's the step by step how to :


1. I started by applying the Lancôme Ombre Hypnose Stylo in the shade 07 bleu nuit in the centre of the lid and blending the edges slightly.

2. I applied the shade that I've called 1 in the smashbox palette in the outer corner.

3. I took shade 2 in the same palette and applied it in the inner corner and under the browbone to highlight.

4. I applied shade 3, still from the smashbox palette, in the crease, to give a bit of definition.


5. I then applied shade 4 (the one that inspired it all) over the blue and black part of the eyelid. Trying to make the edges softer by blending without taking it into the inner corner.

6. I added some light in the inner corner with shade 5, which I applied with my ring finger as it wasn't as intense with a brush.

*I then forgot to take pics of the next two steps … sorry !

6'. As I wasn't happy with the amount of stars in my sky, I took shade 6 in the smashbox palette and tapped it lightly all over the lid (lightly because we want the glitter more than the pigment.

6''. I also added even more stars with my Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in the shade 89 vision.

I used several products so that the stars would have slightly different sizes and different shades.

7. I lined my eyes using the same jumbo pen I used in step 1.

8. I applied my Kiko Ultra Tech mascara.


And here's the result !

I also painted my nails with Bobbing for Baubbles from Essie on top of which I applied Set in Stones to stick with the starry night theme.

And I'd stop there for a wearable version of the look.

But I was feeling adventurous ...


… so I kept going.

I was quite happy with the amount of stars in my night sky but I found that the blue was a bit faded.

1. I therefore added a layer of the Lancôme Jumbo without blending it at all (the big drawback with this jumbo stick is that it is almost impossible to blend. When you apply it, it dries down instantly and doesn't budge. The good thing is, it will then last for over 24 hours (I talked about it here)).

2. I then added some more stars with my little Chanel pot and the shade 6 in the smashbox palette.

3. I even added some lashes and these are the Fleur de Force Fleur loves from her collection for Eyelure.


oh … and I did my lips too …

In order to make my lips look like a starry night, I simply used the Lancôme jumbo as a lipstick (horribly drying !) though it is quite thick and hard to work with on the lips (hence the not so neat line) the colour is absolutely perfect ! I created the stars by tapping a little bit of the same Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in the centre.


And that's it !

I know I'm definitely not the best at this kind of makeup and amongst the pro's I'd like to give a shoutout to Pauuulette – and this post in particular as it may have unconsciously inspired this look – as well as Harlequin' Girl's videos.

All I did was the "normal girl who's not quite that skilled at makeup" version ;)

But I hope you liked it and if you recreate it, please let me know, I'd love to see !

x
Macha

Labels: , , , ,