The Wet Brush | Even Better than the Tangle Teezer


Hello my Bunnies,

Today I want to talk to you about a hairbrush. But not just any old hairbrush because the one I want to talk to you about today is pink has taken the place of my beloved Tangle Teezer.

For those of you who don't know what a Tangle Teezer is, you can see one on the picture above, it's the sparkly blue hairbrush. Though it looks more like a brush for horses than one for human beings.

The Tangle Teezer changed the hair game when it came out a few years ago as it made detangling much more gentle and easy.

I caved 3 years ago when everybody was talking about it and I've almost used nothing but the Tangle Teezer to detangle my mane ever since. I was really happy with it.

Then, about a year ago, I started reading and hearing about the Wet Brush, which was said to be even better than the Teezer and I finally bought it when I stumbled upon it in Manor a little before Christmas.


The idea behind the Wet Brush is to have a brush that doesn't damage the hair as much when it's at its weakest, that is, when it's wet.

I admit that I haven't really dug into the claims (what matters most to me is not what the brand says it does, but what it actually does) but what I can say for sure is that though this little brush looks just like any old brush, it isn't just any old brush.

Compared to the Tangle Teezer and every other hair brush I've ever tried, the bristles on the Wet Brush are much more flexible.

So what I understand is this : The hair is weaker when it's wet because it loses its elasticity, so I'm guessing that the Wet Brush with its extra flexible bristles compensates the hair's loss of elasticity thus allowing the hair to be detangled extra gently.

That's just my theory but it seems to fit with what I'm feeling when I'm brushing my hair.

And, though it is made to be used on wet hair, it works just as well, if not better, on dry hair.

My mum tried it on her very fine hair that gets tangled with every last bit of wind and she was astonished by how easily and gently she got rid of her knots.

So looking at the Wet Brush, it does its job and it does it pretty damn well if you ask me.


But what happens when we compare the Wet Brush with the Tangle Teezer. Like I said, the Tangle Teezer does pretty much the same job : it detangles very easily and gently. However I almost haven't touched my Tangle Teezer since I got the Wet Brush.

The two most obvious advantages of the Wet Brush compared to the Tangle Teezer are its handle (i'll admit that the shape of the tangle teezer isn't the most convenient and I have accidentally sent it flying across the room…) which makes the use easier and its longer bristles that are more efficient on long hair all the while remaining just as good for finer hair (and I did find that the Tangle Teezer wasn't the best on thicker hair when I started using it.

Last but not least, the Wet Brush's texture is a lot more comfortable to hold. It has a rubberized but firm finish that offers both a good grip and is soft to the touch, also the end of its bristles feel very nice on the scalp.

If you manage to convince someone to give you a scalp massage with this brush, it'll basically be heaven on earth ! ;)


To sum it all up : The Tangle Teezer is a great improvement when it comes to hair detangling compared to other hair brushes and as I was happy with it for over 3 years, I would still recommend it. However, if you'd like to drive an Aston Martin instead of a clio, The Wet Brushe provides even gentler detangling all the while being a lot easier to hold.

Price wise, they're in the same range as the Tangle Teezer retails for about 20CHF (11-12£ I believe) and The Wet Brush is between 15 and 27CHF (7-15£) depending on the size (my one being the smallest at 15CHF)

You can find the Tangle Teezer on CosmeticObsession for instance (here) and the Wet Brush is sold online at Cultbeauty (here) and in Manor (here) in a variety of sizes and colours.

Do you know/use any of them ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , ,