Like a Rainbow Trout ? | Monday Shadow Challenge x Forest Green


Hello my Bunnies,

As I was saying in yesterday's post, I'm here today to present my first participation in the Monday Shadow Challenge.

If you don't know what the Monday Shadow challenge is (aka MSC) it's a concept invented by Séverine from the blog >Pimpante & Rafraîchie<, the idea is simple, anyone who wants to participate has to create a makeup look based on a specific colour.

The colour is announced every monday on the Facebook page >here< and the participants have a week to come up with a makeup look integrating said shadow colour. The only two rules are to use the determined colour (on its own or combined with other shadows) and to post the makeup look the following monday.

If you want to know more about the MSC, you'll find all the information >here<

This week, the colour was forest green (or rather, christmas tree green)


I tried several times to come up with a decent look and it's only on my fourth try that I finally managed to create something that I was sort of happy with.

I want to thank Roberta from the blog >Réglisse & Myrtilles< for encouraging to try and use a bright pink glittery shade in combination with my green shadow.

Which I did, have a look ..!

*I admit, my green is perhaps slightly too light to be exactly the right shade but I hope that you won't mind too much.




Here's how I created this look :

1. I started by priming my eyelids using a Mac Paintpot in Groundwork

2. I then defined my crease, quite liberally, with the aforementioned pink glittery shade. It's the Kiko Infinity Shadow in the shade 404

3. I packed the green shade (Kiko Infinity Shadow in 261) all over the lid without going over the pink shade but still trying to make the edge between the two colours as smooth as possible. I also applied it along the inner half of my lower lash line.

4. I deepened the outer corner as well as very finely went along the crease with the navy blue shadow in the Makeup Revolution Mermaid VS. Unicorn palette. I also took this shade along the outer half of the lower lash line.

5. I highlighted the inner corners with Mac Nylon that I forgot to include on my pictures. It's a gorgeous pearly off-white that is great when you want a not-subtle-at-all highlight.

6. I applied my Sigma gel eyeliner all along the upper lash line and finished it with a wing. I also brought it along the first half of the lower lash line.

7. I applied several layers of the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara on my upper lashes and just a bit on the lower lashes (which I also forgot to include in my pictures …)

*I would have added falsies but unfortunately I couldn't find my one and only pair.

8. I filled in my brows with the Milani Stay Put Brow Colour. I'm not entirely sure about the shade but I must admit that it really does stay put ..!


For the rest of the face, I did my base using the Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation and the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer that I used to cover up the redness around my eyes du to my trying 4 different makeup look before finding the right one.

I also did a little of contouring with my Smashbox contour palette.

For blusher I used the Estée Lauder Powder Gelée blush in the shade Tease which sadly was a limited edition (but if they bring it out again, go and get it ! It's amazing !) because it doesn't add too much colour and I highlighted with my Soap&Glory Glow All Out.


For lips, I wanted to keep things neutral (one step at a time … I can't just go all out ^^) with the Essence Long Lasting lipstick in the shade 07 Natural Beauty. I wouldn't say that it's particularly long lasting but it truly is a gorgeous shade.





So that's it for this look. Retrospectively, I think I could have gone over my eyeliner once more either with a black shadow or with the gel to make it even more intense and hide the bit of glitter that fell on it. But all in all I'm not unhappy with the result.

I hope that you enjoyed my first try at the MSC, I know I did. I'm already excited about next week's edition and cannot wait to go and admire what my blogger friends did with this forest green.

Are you tempted to take part in the MSC ? Would you wear forest green on a daily basis ? How ?

x
Macha

Many thanks to Estelle & Jérémie for the brainstorming session that lead to this brilliant title <3

Labels: , , , , , , ,