Lush's Easter Limited Edition Collection


Hello my Bunnies,

I've seen a lot of people brag on instagram today about what a beautiful it was, but where I live it's been quite gray and miserable.

To add a bit of colour and warmth into my day, I've chosen today to talk to you about Lush's new collection, the Easter collection.

If you know me a little, you'll know that bunnies are probably my favourite animals and you'll quickly understand why this collection has me beyond excited.

could someone let me out ? it feels a bit tight in here ...
I'm gonna start by talking to you about the products that I've been able to try, before talking about the collection in general, more particularly about some of the other products that I'd love to try.

You may have seen the products that I got to try on my instagram (>here<) and the one that excites me the most is …

Bouncy Bunny* !!!


This shower jelly has basically everything needed to make me happy ..!

It is uber cute !

It's really fun and playful ! (… that is if you enjoy the consistency of jelly)

It has a delicious citrussy smell !

It is something brand new for me to discover !

Indeed, I'd never tried shower jellies before and I must admit that at first I was a bit confused with my slimy, extremely slippery little bunny. I didn't really know how to handle it and how to use it properly but as I kept on using it I developed a technique.

Well I developed two techniques even.



During my first uses I developed a very simple technique that consisted of running the bunny under the water and then working it in-between my hands until I had enough lather to clean my whole body. I would therefore put the bunny back in it's little pot before cleaning my body.

I then tried to use it as directed on the box, but this technique requires a bit more skill, as you may find yourself down on all fours in the shower, trying to get the bunny that just decided to slip away. This technique is to simply massage/clean your body directly with the jelly. But like I said, it's not quite as easy as it sounds.

So like I said, this bunny is cute and fun, but is it actually a good product ?

The scent is very delicious, so the one drawback I have with it as that it doesn't really linger on the skin. At all.

Also, I've been using pretty much nothing other than shower oils lately and I must admit that after using this jelly I really felt the urge to moisturise my skin after showering. But this happens with all the shower gels I use, so it isn't a bad thing, but it's made me realise just how good my shower oils actually were.

Though shower oils are not nearly as much fun to use as this shower jelly. Hihi

And it's true that having fun with the jelly in the morning helps me start the day on a happy note (how cheesy ?!) and the delicious citrussy scent is a nice scent to wake up to.

But the best thing probably is the softness of the jelly. Much like my facial oil cleanser from Re:cipe that I talked about >here< this shower jelly feels extremely soft on the skin.


All in all I'm really enjoying using this shower jelly and I would heartily recommend it despite the couple of drawbacks that I mentioned. To be honest, to me, they're more observations than real drawbacks and I find the jelly really pleasant and fun to use !


The second product that I tried is called Bunch of Carrots* and is a reusable bubble bar.

I'm not going to go into too much details about it because I want to include it in an edition of the lush diary that I'm hoping to publish tomorrow.

if I insist so much on including every single bath bomb I use into the Lush Diary, it's because I'm working on a brand new design for the blog that will include a page dedicated to the Lush bath bombs I've tried so that you can find all the info you need. Before a shopping spree for instance. More info on that later ;)

Once again, the way this bath bomb looks is really cute as it is indeed a bunch of carrots.

The thing I like the most about it is that it's a reusable bubble bar. I like bubble bars in general but I like even more the reusable ones as I find it much more easy to put just the right amount into the bath, until you're satisfied with the amount of bubbles, the scent and the colour.


The scent is really nice and as you can see on the pictures, it also does a very decent job of creating a lot of bubbles. But more on that particular bubble bar in my next post.

In the meantime, I'll leave you to enjoy the pictures ...


Finally I tried a piece of the solid soap called Somewhere Over the Rainbow*.

I must admit that soap isn't the most exciting thing to me, as it isn't something that I use very much. But if I'm gonna use any soap it might as well be a beautiful one, with vivid spring colours, glitter and a delicious scent.

I'll be happy to use it to wash my hands and perhaps to clean my brushes too. We'll see.


As for the rest of the collection, you can find it all right >here<.

But I'd like to end this post by mentioning the brand new bath bomb called Humpty Dumpty, which apparently contains a secret fried egg inside, as well as the bath bomb called Which Came First that I used a couple of years ago and that I really liked. And finally, an honorary mention to the Hoppity Poppity Furoshiki, as it's not something that I usually care about but I find this one just too cute to resist.

What about you, what has caught your attention in this new collection ?

x
Macha

*products sent by the brand for consideration

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,