Mascara Cycle #4


Hello my Bunnies,

I'm finally back with 4 mascara reviews in one. As I always have several mascaras open at the same time, I like to review all the ones I'm using at the same time so that I can compare them.

*on that note, you'll find comparison pictures at the end of this post.

As some of you may already know, I took a break from blogging last week in order to entirely reorganise my makeup storage.

I'm not quite done yet, but I'm starting to feel really good about it. If that's something that you'd be interested in seeing on the blog, let me know.

But for now, we're talking mascaras !


Kiko Long Eyes+ Active Mascara

I didn't mean to buy this mascara as when I bought it I was initially looking for the Ultra Tech from Kiko that Roberta keeps talking about. But I'm not sad about that mistake as this mascara has both good and bad points.

But let's start with the positive. This mascara is indeed quite good at lengthening the lashes. Proof is that my SO even commented on my lashes for the first time ever when I first wore this mascara.

When it comes to volume however, this mascara isn't my favourite as it tends to clump the lashes together a bit too much for my taste. It's nothing dramatic as you can see on the picture below but I like a more defined volume.

This mascara is very comfortable to remove as I found I could take it off easily with any of my makeup removers, balms, oils or cleansers.

The brush is made out of bristles and isn't so big that you'll find your eyelids covered in little black dots.

However, in my opinion, the big drawback about this mascara is that it doesn't really stay on my lashes. It's not a problem that I often encounter but this mascara tends to smudge on my upper lid (yup … upper lid, under the brows) and lower lash line whenever things get a bit humid.

So ..? I enjoy using this mascara and I will finish it but I won't repurchase it as I don't like the way it makes my lashes look enough and I don't like that I can't wear it when it's raining or when I exercise as I know that it will smudge.


Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Blacks

Now that's a winner in my book !

This mascara is exactly what I'm looking for in a mascara ! Volume and length, but without any clumping and a lot of definition. I also really like that it makes the lashes look all soft and fluttery. It's pretty obvious on the picture below.

It is also easy to intensify the look by adding on layers and to touch up during the day without it ever looking clumpy.

This mascara is in my top 3 with the Maybelline Lash Sensational and the Clinique High Impact.

Just like the Kiko mascara the brush is made out of bristles and not so gigantic that you risk poking yourself in the eye or ending up with black all over the lid.

The only drawback is the price really. This mascara is really quite expensive and doesn't last any longer than 3 months. I wouldn't say that it dries particularly quickly but it definitely dries quicker than a lot of my other mascaras, which means that past the 3 month point, it'll get much harder and time-consuming to get great results. But as you're supposed to toss your mascaras after 3 months (which I never do :S) I guess that's not too bad.

So ..? I don't know that I'll repurchase it right away as I still have a lot of mascaras to try, but I must admit that if I stumble upon an offer I might just cave and buy it again.

*also my mom just gave me hers because she finds that it's a pain to remove but personally I haven't had any problem with any of my usual cleansers.


My Little Beauty Mascara Soin & Volume

This mascara, just like the one from Kiko has me a little hesitant.

You can get really nice looking results with this mascara however it'll take a bit more work and attention as it clumps very easily.

Indeed, if you're not careful enough, it's very easy to end up with a few lashes clumped together, and though I know some people like this kind of look, I personally like my volume a bit more defined.

Another drawback is that, not unlike the Kiko mascara, it doesn't do very well with humidity and tends to smudge fairly easily whenever things get ever so slightly humid.

This mascara also has a bristle brush that is however a bit bigger than the other ones and perhaps a tad harder to manoeuvre.

So ..? Once again, it's a mascara that's good enough that I'll use it until it dries out completely but it's not good enough that I'd repurchase or recommend it.


Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara

This review is going to be very short as I only managed to use this mascara twice.

Upon the second use, it accidentally rolled down from the sink, fell and broke. This meant that I couldn't close it properly anymore and it dried very quickly.

From what I've seen, I'd say that the result is a bit too natural for my liking anyways.

It again is a bristle brush that looks very traditional and rather thin so easy to use.

So ..? Even if I liked the effect on my lashes (which I didn't really) I wouldn't repurchase this mascara as I don't like paying that much for something that's going to break if it falls from the sink as that could happen everyday, clumsy as I am.


And here are the pictures to get a better sense of what I'm saying and make up your own mind =)

Have you tried any of these ? What's your favourite mascara ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , ,