Empties Worth Mentioning #2


So I looked under my desk the other day and realised that it was time to empty my "empties box". So here's what I've used up since my last empties post and what I thought of these products.

Toni&Guy Dry Shampoo
It was a good dry shampoo but I found that you had to use a lot to get rid off more seriously greasy roots (which I have) and that therefore, though the bottle is huge, it doesn't last very long and ends up being more expensive than other dry shampoos for a similar result. However it smells great !
Will I repurchase it ? Probably not. It was good but not better than Batiste for instance and more expensive.

Toni&Guy Advanced Detox Shampoo
A brilliant shampoo to use once a week or so in order to really clean the hair of all the product build-up. It really leaves the hair feeling extremely clean and soft.
Will I repurchase it ? Not right now as I have another good cleansing shampoo on the go but once that one runs out, yes !

Colab Dry Shampoo - London
I've already finished a couple of cans of this one. I've tried three scents so far and this one is my favourite. It's really good at leaving no white residue and with its tiny size it's perfect to throw in my bag.
Will I repurchase it ? Already did ! I picked up the set of 5 minis on feelunique.

René Furterer Karité Repairing Serum
I didn't feel like this did much for my hair. It smells very herby and natural and doesn't look greasy at all on the hair (even when applied to dry hair) but, like I said, I'm not sure that it did anything for my hair.
Will I repurchase it ? No.

Bourjois Mineral deodorant
I've talked about this deodorant here. It's brilliant. It has no aluminum or other nasty ingredients, has a very delicate scent and is very efficient. That's all I'm asking for.
Will I repurchase it ? Already did.

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter
My favourite body butter from the body shop. I love how the scent lingers on my skin all day long and how moisturised it leaves my skin without being too rich. You can read a longer review here.
Will I repurchase it ? Definitely !

Soap&Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub
It was a great scrub. I loved the very fresh and citrussy scent and the texture was on point.
Will I repurchase it ? Yes, next time I'm in the UK. And I'll pick up the body butter that goes with it too.

Soap&Glory Wash (Your) Hands (Of It)
It was a good hand wash. Smells nice and doesn't leave the hands feeling dry.
Will I repurchase it ? I will not go to the store just to buy it but if I happen to stumble upon it I just might pick it up.

Soap&Glory Hand Food
Great hand cream ! Not for winter as it's not the most hydrating formula but when you need just a little bit of hydration this one is perfect. It smells delicious and sinks into the skin very quickly so your hand don't feel sticky.
Will I repurchase it ? Eventually, yes. But right now I have too many hand creams that I need to finish.

Michael Todd Moisture Lite
It was a good light moisturiser with a lemony scent. I don't have much to say about it really.
Will I repurchase it ? No. You have to order Michael Todd products from the website and it's too much of a faff for a simple moisturiser.

Michael Todd Kaolin Clay Mask
This isn't actually empty but I'm throwing it away because I used it twice and it burns my face so much that I couldn't stand it more than 2 seconds. I don't know if I'm allergic to one of the ingredients or if my one is off but it was impossible for me to use it.
Will I repurchase it ? Nope.

Gemey Maybelline Cils Demasq Eye Makeup Remover
The best waterproof makeup remover I've tried so far and it's not too expensive. It's one of those double formula that you have to shake before use and it worked really well.
Will I repurchase it ? Yes.

Caudalie Beauty Elixir
Probably the most princessy beauty product I own. I don't really know what it does but I really like using it. It smells divine and feels incredibly calming and refreshing on the skin. I use it when my skin feels upset or tired. Sometime as the first step, sometimes on top of makeup (like here), sometimes before I go to bed … Whenever I feel like it really.
Will I repurchase it ? Yes !

Glamglow Youthmud Mask
This mask gets all the hype all over the blogosphere and for good reasons. It is really good. It smells great for one thing but that's not all. It does tingle (to the point where it's almost worrying) but it doesn't irritate the skin and leaves it feeling incredibly soft and purified. I you're wondering how to keep it from drying then read this.
Will I repurchase it ? I want to try the white version (which is more suited for problem skins) first and the price tag could stop me from repurchasing it but I think that I will, at some point, as a treat for my skin.

Soap&Glory One Heck of a Blot
As you can see I finished two of these. It's by far my favourite powder. I haven't tried many high end powders but this is my favourite from the drugstore. It really helps mattify the skin and no matter how much you put on, it never looks cakey !
Will I repurchase it ? Already did !

Clinique High Impact Mascara
It was a really good mascara (perfect even) once it'd dried out a little. You can read a review of this mascara with pictures here.
Will I repurchase it ? Probably, but not right now as I have enough mascaras.

So that's it for this batch of empties.

Have you tried any of them ? Do any of these tickle your fancy ?

x
Macha

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,